Tuesday 5 January 2016

DUCJC 2016 - Day 4 - Bert Badger

Hello again!

Thank you again for your comments yesterday.

For day 4 of the challenge I'm back to another Woodland Folk and more green fabric! I had originally spread these Woodland Folk throughout the month but obviously the children have decided otherwise.

Here's my progress for day 4. It's still a fair amount considering the normal chores of a working week have started.


Bert Badger
DMC Woodland Folk
Stitched on 16ct Kelp over-dyed aida by Fabric Flair 2 over 1
Stitch count 57 wide by 57 high
Estimated stitching time 16 hours
Stitching time to date - 3 hours 15 minutes


I love his big tummy. It reminds me of the ones my guinea pigs have!

Tomorrow's start is definitely more sweet than cute!

See you then,
Rachel x

18 comments:

Pull the other thread said...

Another really cute pattern. The big round tummy is really cute with the large fluffy feet.

Jacqueline Morris said...

Adorable design.... Looking forward to watching your progress on all your stitching :)
Smiles :)

Annie said...

Very cute! I love that you let your kids pick!

Miamina said...

I love these Woodland Folk kits, they look gorgeous! The Cattitudes one from yesterday looks so cute as well, I may have to dig it out myself!!

Emma/Itzy said...

Great start - his tummy looks like mine after Christmas haha

Sarah said...

Another very cute guy. These will look great all together when you are done.

Mii Stitch said...

Another cutie!! You have made a really good start on this one. They are all so sweet, it's difficult to choose which is my favourite :)

Katie said...

Oh no another cutie. Love it! Do they get to see what they are picking or is it a random draw?

Margie said...

Would love to see you put your assumption on number of hours required into a future blog post. I assume 200 stitches per day when I calculate my finish targets. That works well for a medium coverage projects, not so well for a full coverage. Always curious how other people do theirs.

Justine said...

Ahhh he's gorgeous! I love his squishy tummy too.
You're teasing us again about your next choice!
I'm so enjoying seeing your new starts.

Linda said...

His tummy looks like mine. Another cute start Rachel. Please tell me where you bought these adorable kits.

Linda

Tiffstitch said...

Great start! Good for you to keep track of stitching time too, I've never managed that.

craftingpaws said...

A really adorable start! I think the little badger is wonderful.

sharine said...

I am going to have to agree with your kids! These ones should take centre stage :)

Heather said...

Aww he's adorable. He reminds me of a mix of Winnie the Pooh and eeyore lol. Great start!

Esmeralda said...

Another such a cute design from woodland falk
Hard to choose a favourite :)
We allso have to guineapigs with the same belly ( rosetta and fluf :)
Big hug from holland

Preeti said...

Cute one!!:) can't wait to see the next start.

Brigitte said...

I had never seen these Woodland Folks before, they are so sweet. I love this kind of design.