Sunday 31 May 2015

May Progress on DSDUCJFC 2015 Pieces

Hello fellow bloggers!

It's the end of May so time for another Challenge progress update.

At the end of April I set myself the task during May of finishing one of my remaining 50 Challenge pieces and working on four more. I also asked for suggestions as to which pieces you would like me to stitch. Replies included Dreaming of Dolphins, any of the Margaret Sherry mice, the Harry Potter crests (especially Ravenclaw), Friends Forever and Pretty Little London.

With all that in mind I set about my May stitching.

I surpassed my targets because I finished not one but two pieces during May.....

* My Treasure from 27th February
* Friends Forever from 12th January

..... and made progress on another seven:


Ravenclaw from 18th February
finished the section above the banner



Autumn from 15th February
completed the sky



Hufflepuff from 11th February
continued with the outside of the shield (mostly)



Tea from 23rd February
finished stitching the teapot



Pretty Little London from 5th February
finished the top of Big Ben and continued with Tower Bridge
and the buildings on the bottom right



Dandelion Time from 15th January
backstitched the mouse where possible
(I was not enthused about stitching this one)




Dreaming of Dolphins from 7th January
started the second dolphin


I really enjoyed the additional challenge this month of trying to stitch on as many projects as possible, as suggested by my lovely commenters. I won't ask for suggestions for June but probably will again for July.

My June Challenge targets are again to finish one piece and stitch on at least four more. I've already decided which ones I'm going to work on but you'll have to wait until the end of June to find out!

I hope Debbie would have been proud of my commitment to and progress on her Challenge. :)

TTFN
Rachel x

12 comments:

Renee said...

Such great progress! I scrolled through your recent posts, too. The charts you bought are just darling! I love the snowmen and the Halloween banners. Your finishes are just darling! I look forward to seeing what all you accomplish in June.

Justine said...

I'm sure Debbie would have been impressed! You have been stitching some lovely colourful projects this month and made great progress. Can't wait to see what you work on and finish next month!

Annie said...

You have done soo well with all your projects! I love the Harry Potter design - it looks like a really fun stitch:) Look forward to seeing how far you'll have gotten next time:)

Linda said...

Awesome progress on all of your projects Rachel. Debbie would be proud.

Linda

Preeti said...

You made a beautiful progress on your projects :)

Mii Stitch said...

You have been busy, you truly made great progress.
Love that cutie little mouse!! So sweet :)

Annie said...

Wonderful progress on all your great projects! I love how the backstitching brought that little mouse to life!

Brigitte said...

Wow, not bad all this progress on so many projects. It must have been a lot of fun to pull them all out and stitch on them. Great job.

Tina said...

WOW! Great progress on all your projects!! Big high five for that! That dolphin amazes me...every time I look at it I think it's going to jump off the fabric...I love it!

Keebles said...

That's a ton of work! Congrats!

Katie said...

Oh beautiful progress on each project. Love them all. Good luck with your June goals and I look forward to seeing what jumps to your needle.

Miamina said...

Wow! That is awesome, you've done loads! I really love that fabric you've used for the dolphins. Well done :)