Sunday 23 November 2014

Dolphin Ruins - 20 hours

Hello all!

First of all a massive THANK YOU to everyone who left such kind comments regarding my choice of frame and mounts for Autumnal Abstract. I'm overwhelmed by your kindness. You are such a fantastic bunch of virtual friends and I'm glad you enjoyed my updates and finished piece. I will get around to replying to you all but in the meantime, thank you again!

Dolphin Ruins is growing quite quickly at the moment due to it still being mostly black and dark blue. I've never been one for stitching methodically so keep jumping around the top row of four pages as the mood takes me.

Here's where I'm up to:

After 10 hours

After 20 hours


You can just make out the tops of the columns on the left and right and the roof arches above them.

I hate confetti stitching and really have to be in the mood for it so am leaving any colours where less than 10 stitches are required, hence the gaps. I get much more satisfaction out of stitching the big blocks of colours first!

My hoped-for champagne dinner over the weekend did not go quite according to plan. Instead hubby treated me to a Burger King whilst we were Christmas shopping in Basingstoke. Nice to know what I'm worth to him - I'll bear the value of the meal in mind when buying his present!!

Take care everyone.

All the best and
Happy stitching :)
Rachel x

PS As much as you liked watching my progress there are only two followers who wish to win the chart of Autumnal Abstract. There's still a week left if you want to enter the draw. See 19th November posting for details.

9 comments:

Linda said...

Amazing progress Rachel in 10 hours.

Linda

Heather said...

Great progress! I would like to win it I just wouldn't be able to stitch it for a while lol I hope you get some more applicants!

Lulu said...

Beautiful stitching. You are making wonderful progress on this design :). Cheers to you!

Anonymous said...

Hi Rachel

Lovely stitching. I admire you having the patience to finish such big projects.
I love your giveaway bit I would never finish it x

Mii Stitch said...

Fabulous progress Rachel!! You made me smile with your Burger Kind meal out - that's exactly what would happen to me - Although hubby do prefer KFC :D xoxo

Tina said...

I also have to pass on the pattern. I absolutely think it's beautiful, but like the others, it would be put in my "to do later" pile as I have enough wips's right now. Dolphin Ruins is looking good!

Caitlin D said...

Wow! You've made some serious progress!

Katie said...

Love it! Love the progress. Keep it up!!

Justine said...

Great work! I really love this one.